Bug List


1.     I often ask restaurants for extra sauce on the side and the waiter always says yes and then forgets. Specifically, this happened to me at Bento and Just Salad recently
·      Waiters think its impressive to not write stuff down, but I’d rather them write it down than forget it completely
2.     My roommate listens to her TV super loud until like 1:30am every day and her TV is mounted onto the wall that we share
·      She listens to everything on max volume and I prefer to listen to things on a soft volume with subtitles 
3.     Pots are really clean after you make something messy like spaghetti 
·      Im not sure if it’s the food that makes it tricky to clean, or maybe the surface of the pot isn’t smooth enough
4.     When my avocados get too ripe before I get a chance to eat them
·      Avocados are sold in like a pack of 4 usually, and they all ripen at the same time, but there is a short window of when you can eat them so it’s hard when you have like 4 avocados ready at once 
5.     Facebook gives me notifications for every single post of every single group that I’m in so it spams my phone
·      The app doesn’t know how to filter what is important to me
6.     The light in my bathroom is connected to the fan, so I can never choose one or the other—its both or nothing
·      College apartments are cheaply made so it was probably easier for the builders to make just once switch
7.     Attending chapter every Monday and not being able to hear anything that people are saying
·      People are shy and don’t know when to speak up. And there’s no microphones
8.     My car needs a charger, and The Standard has 4 charger spots but every single one of the chargers is broken
·      Im not sure how they get broken, but im assuming no one has called standard to let then know that they are broken (I am guilty of this)
9.     Elevators that make weird noises when they are going up and down
·      The wires aren’t stable or lubricated enough
10.  How you have to go to the doctor every single year to get the same prescription filled
·      There are probably state laws that require a doctor to see a patient every so often before refilling a prescription
11.  When my jade roller makes squeaky sounds
·      it was made in china so probably made from cheap material (not real jade) which makes it less functional than American made jade rollers
12.  I have an aeroplant smart garden that waters itself and I like the water noises during day but not when I’m sleeping
·      The smart garden is on a 24 cycle and doesn’t know when I’m sleeping so it can’t stop based on my sleep schedule 
13.  People who drive really fast in parking garages 
·      College people are reckless and in a rush a lot 
14.  The feeling of two different blankets on top of me
·      The two different textures are apparent, and it bothers me
15.  When my glasses fog up
·      The material of the glass isn’t fog resistant
16.  Photoshop takes forever to load at startup
·      It’s a complicated program that isn’t made for low storage computers 
17.  Fridges that don’t have filtered water
·      Cheaply made or old fridges don’t have the outside spout that filters water
18.  When I lend people clothes and they don’t make an effort to get it back to me in a timely manner
·      People are lazy and figure I will reach out if I need my clothes
19.  When people repost every single happy birthday post on their Instagram
·      Girls want everyone to know it’s their birthday, so they repost posts for attention
20.  Occasionally a key in my laptop will get stuck and wont type the letter its supposed to on my screen
·      Dirt gets in the edges of the keys and prevents it from being pressed down


I found this assignment really difficult because it made me feel like such a negative person. I guess all of these issues do bother me a little, but I don’t normally dwell on it or try to get to the root of the problem. Also, the day I was writing this, I was in a bad mood, so reminding myself of things that bug me was challenging because I didn’t need more negativity.

Comments

  1. Hey Alexa,
    I really liked your post, but I will say the first bug definitely hit home as I have been waiting on tables for years and I am guilty of this. A lot of times, I know I personally didn't write things down just because I was busy, not really to be impressive, and also would forget things because I was so busy. I also have the avocado issue a lot, and I specifically mentioned friends keeping my clothes too. Mine have a tendency to wear them and post pictures in them as well! Overall really enjoyed reading your "bugs" and thought it was interesting that we had some of the same things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexa,

    I really liked reading your bug list because they truly are just things I dont think about on a daily basis or dont typically find annoying, but something I can absolutely see being frustrating or a pet-peeve for someone. I especially related to your bug #13 about people driving too fast in parking garages! It's not something often thought about, but definitely upsetting when it happens. I enjoyed learning more about others's bugs and gaining a new perspective like this as it really makes me more conscious of the things I do to make sure I don't leave anyone upset or frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alexa! I can totally relate to the first bug on your list about waiters forgetting to bring sides of sauces. Here in Gainesville, I especially run into this issue at OAK; whenever I order a burger there, I always asks for a side of honey mustard, and it never makes it's way to my table. I like your idea of having waiters write down such requests to fix the issue, but I think that maybe an even more convenient solution for both parties would be to just have more sauce options than the basics (ketchup, yellow mustard) at the table, even if they were just mini bottles. Excellent post overall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexa - I work at a restaurant and agree with you that it is so important for servers to take orders and write customer requests down so they do not forget! There is nothing worse than asking for something and waiting while your food gets cold, and even worse for you to never get the item you asked for! Also, I have experienced the same issue with a switch controlling both the fan and light, and I must say it is a major annoyance! All in all, your post was very thorough and did a great job of bringing to light some inconveniences and the possible root to their existence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment