My Entrepreneurship Story
I think the most entrepreneurial time of my life was high school. I created an after school program called "S. T. E. A. M. for Kids" which stood for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. It was a way to introduce the normal STEM subjects to underprivileged kids, but I also wanted to include art. Every Friday, after school, I would go to The Boys and Girls Club in Tampa to bring home-made projects/games to elementary kids in hopes to spark an interest in these subjects. We did activities like code robots, make volcanos, draw Fibonacci sequences, etc. I created this project on my own and even recruited a couple of my friends to help out some Fridays for community service hours.
Honestly, the reason I enrolled in ENT 3003 is that it is apart of my curriculum. I didn't really know much about the class until I read the syllabus. I'm not quite sure what I hope to get out of this class, but I am excited to see where it takes me! I do really like creating and I realize that I might have to put effort into incorporating creativity into my future career because not all business jobs have creative time built into it. Entrepreneurship goes hand-in-hand with creativity, so maybe I will take away some skills that I can incorporate into my future career!
note: these aren't my photos but they are similar to some of my projects!



note: these aren't my photos but they are similar to some of my projects!



Hi Alexa,
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your honesty in what you hope to get out of the class and am excited for you to be able to implement your creativity into our assignments as well. Your entrepreneurship story was interesting and relevant, and I admire that you even were able to get your friends on board with your project too. I can't imagine making projects/games for children is an easy thing to do, regardless of how simple it may sound, but I definitely think you taking on the task and completing it to the best of your ability is the characteristic of an entrepreneur. Great job!
Hi Alexa. Your entrepreneurship story and experience was very moving. You used your knowledge, skills, and time to positively impact lives, and I find that impressive. The way you incorporated science and the arts is very innovative, and I think a big problem with today's school system is not appreciating both equally. Looking back at my time in elementary school, I wish there were programs available like the one you started. My story is similar to yours in a way; we both worked with children. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteHi Alexa!
ReplyDeleteI think that is so cool that you created that for kids to learn and be introduced to STEM ideas and concepts. Is this program still running now that you've graduated high school? I think you used your skills and talents for a great purpose!