11A




I think these elements to fit pretty well together. I would say that the only issue is in lecture 2 weeks ago, Professor Pryer recommended not using an app to solve our "opportunity,"....buuuut I really like this idea and if it ever became real, I think it would take off. I could nix the app idea and just create like a list of recommended podcasts for different interests. However, I like the idea of user-generated content through listening history, a quick survey, and optionally linking social media to this app so that the app can recommend audiobooks and podcasts based off of what you like.

Comments

  1. Hey Alexa,
    First I want to say I do really like your idea, however I see the downfalls Pryer mentions about creating yet another app. I personally have like 3 or 4 podcasts I listen to, and I do so on apple's podcasts and have no issues with using it. I am wondering what about your app would make people more inclined to use it rather than what they already are, especially for someone who doesn't really see an issue with theirs. I know you offer the user generated content, but apple could easily just implement something like that, and probably will soon, then people may just stick to what they're doing. Not trying to bash on your idea at all because I do really like it, just something to think about especially when trying to compete in the app world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alexa!
    Although I do think that the idea of an app is really good, and I do like it a lot, I can also see where Professor Pryer is coming from. I feel like your list idea is a really good solution, and I can definitely see how a website that lists podcasts in this way could take off. I feel like you could also pretty easily implement a survey type search system that would ask people a few questions and give them a few recommendations from the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alexa! This is one of the best ideas I have heard thus far. Not only is it genius to make an app that is user friendly and provides a great service, but the name is absolutely hilarious. I think one of the most important things when bringing an opportunity to life is making sure that you give it qualities that will stick with the users. The name Auds and Pods definitely sticks. I personally would pay a decent amount of money to purchase this app because it seems so easy to use and looks like it would suggest audiobooks to me that I would find interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment