8A
Selected
opportunity: A need for a new major platform of audiobooks & podcasts
Product/Service:
I want to create an app (that also has a corresponding website and Instagram)
where there are hundreds of options for audiobooks and podcasts. However, how
this app differs from the Apple Audiobooks, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify apps are
that there will be high-tech user-generated suggestions for new audios to
listen to. These suggestions will be given through the data collection of past
likes/listens and if you link your social media, the app could give suggestions
based off of who you follow (like celebrities) and what kind of content you
like (like healthy food accounts, makeup accounts, comedians, musicians, etc.)
Hi Alexa, I think your solution is very innovative and has an unique niche in the market for audiobooks and podcasts. A challenge you might face is marketing your differences to consumers who are currently using big-name distribution platforms. However, once you have a following, market exposure will only increase. Being able to integrate social media with audiobooks and podcasts would give users a more customized experience tailored to their likes.
ReplyDeleteI think this is an awesome idea! There's so many times that I read a good book or listen to a podcast and want to read more like it but the automated suggestions by Apple or Google aren't really the same. If there was an app based solely on your likes and dislikes, as well as other people's, and it was actually accurate, that would be something that I would pay a subscription price for!
ReplyDelete