9A


After conducting interviews I concluded that..

Who: There are a lot of people that seem like they'd like the solution of a new app for podcasts that includes user-generated suggestions and mor4e user-friendly interface, I found that there are lots of people who fall outside this boundary. I chose to interview people who had similar demographics to those I interviewed before: male and female, young adults. These people fell outside the boundary because they don’t currently listen to audiobooks or podcasts, and they have no interest in trying either.

What: The desire to listen to podcasts/audiobooks is the identified difference between the two groups that I interviewed (for last week and this week). Last week, I did have one person who didn’t currently listen to these audios, but she said that the new app could entice her. This week I found people who had no interest in hopping on this bandwagon. The two groups virtually have the same profile, but their preferences are what set them apart. The interviewees stated that they rather listen to something else or nothing at all.

Why: the underlying difference in preference seems to be music vs. audiobooks/podcasts. 4 out of 5 of this weeks interviewees stated that they prefer music over anything else, and that’s what they intend to stick to. One person specified that although she prefers music, she doesn’t have time to listen to anything at all. When walking around or just hanging out, she doesn’t listen to anything and doesn’t have time to think about changing her habits right now.

Inside the Boundary
Outside the Boundary
Who is in? people who already listen to audiobooks and podcasts, and people who are interested in starting
Who is not? People listen already and don’t have an interest in starting
What the need is: a better interface and better suggestions for new audios
What the need is not: the need for a better app is nonexistent to people who don’t care about these audios because they have no interest in starting to listen
Why the need exists: There are currently no major apps that offer this option because Spotify and Apple (the 2 most popular audio apps) haven't perfected the art of podcasts/audiobooks
Alternative explanation: there are people who have grown up on music and intend to stick to this preference. And people who don’t listen to anything at all because they don’t have time

Comments

  1. I think this is a really great idea! I didn't really get into podcasts until a couple of years ago but now that I know how good they can be, I know how important it is to have a good app that can actually suggest something that you'll like! I would love to see this app brought to life; I would definitely use it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment