18A
I
think that my target market is a wide range of ages, races, and genders.
Podcasts are popular with young people because it's techy, but also old people
because you can listen to the news and books on this platform. However, for
this purpose, I am choosing my sample customer to be a young woman (early 20s)
since most of my interviews were my friends that fit this demographic. This 20
year-old woman likes to work out, cook, and tan in her free time. She is very
school-oriented and is on top of her work, but does a good job balancing social
activities in her life. She drives a white Toyota Camry that was a high school
graduation gift from her parents. She watches FRIENDS, NCIS, and Bachelor.
No kids or pets, but she has a cactus in her room that she tends to once a
month. Her favorite books are The Bell Jar, Perks of Being a Wallflower, and
she's interested in finding a good biography to read. She is also interested in
reading some history in order to educate herself. She does not know much about
politics as she is very young, but she hopes to become more politically aware
within the next couple of years. She has an old soul, but a young outlook. She
appreciates precious moments in college, but can sometimes get caught up in the
whirlwind of work. Her favorite color is cream/off-white which I think shows
her laidback and peaceful personality.
This
is the avatar I created
What do I have in common with this avatar? Well, I made it look like me. There are some differences in myself and the persona I created,
but only minor details. Things like the car she drives and her favorite books
differ from me. However, I think I have the same positive outlook on life with
the struggle of sometimes getting caught up in the fast-paced and crazy
environment that college puts me in. I did purposely make this avatar look like
me, so that is not a coincidence. And when I wrote the persona, I mixed my
personality traits with some of my friends that I interviewed to make an
"average" of us (I guess), so there is no coincidence that I am
similar to my avatar/persona.
Hey Alexa,
ReplyDeleteI really like the way you were able to create a made up life for your avatar. When I created mine, I made sure that I was also able to give her a life that someone our age could possibly relate to. Unlike your avatar, mine does not look like me. I can relate to your avatar in some ways. For example, I love The Bachelor, I am almost 20 years old, and I am very school oriented. However, I do not drive a white Toyota Camry, but my car does happen to be white! I would also say I am pretty laidback, just like your avatar.
I like that while there are many details about who your targeted audience is, I like that you also left some detail out like their race and gender. I think that allows people to use their own imagination as to who would be listening to these podcasts.
ReplyDelete