14A
1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or
developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
2 key behaviors that I have
utilized this semester for ENT3003 are time-management and prioritizing. In this
class, I find that these two traits go hand-in-hand. Since there are a bunch of
assignments due each week, it tends to take a lot of time. But also, some
assignments are way more demanding than others, which leads me to my next point
of reminding myself that each assignment is worth the same even though some may
take longer. Occasionally, I'll get stuck on an assignment or dread one because
its long, I then I realize since everything is due the same, that I should aim
to finish all of them even if I need to spend less effort in one to complete
all of them.
2) Tenaciousness is also about
attitude. Talk about a moment or two
when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel
like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What
experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I do feel like I have developed a
tenacious attitude during this course because I have been consistent in completing work. Many weeks, I have a lot going on. I'm in 5 courses this
semester and 2 of them are very hard to do well in. Because of this, sometimes
I want to push this class to the side or skip assignments in order to gain time
for other classes. I would call this "quitting." But, I wanted to be
consistent with my work and feel confident in my grade for this class too, so I
have successfully completed everything instead of skipping.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's
student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing
the 'tenacious mindset' ?
- Just put in the work, even if its annoying
- Remember at the end of the class, you'll have a blog you can reflect on and see your progress as an entrepreneur!
- Put due dates for every single assignment in your computer calendar so you don’t forget throughout the semester, and write "done" in the notes so you know what you’ve completed!
Hi Alexa,
ReplyDeleteI really related to this post because I find that prioritizing the assignments in this class and using careful time management is essential to success in the course. I’m also taking some very demanding/difficult classes and I have also felt like “giving up” by just skipping assignments. However, finding ways to make the course load easier to manage is definitely helpful and I will certainly take your tips into consideration for the remainder of the class!
Hi Alexa. I definitely agree with your post and all of the tips that you gave were extremely helpful. I think that time management and prioritizing are both extremely important competencies to have in this class. I believe I even used time management as one of my tips. This class requires a great deal of effort as well, and I believe that being able to efficiently manage your time will allow you to complete all of the assignments diligently and on time. I also agree with the fact that it is crucial that you continue to put in the work, even though it may seem like you are drowning in assignments.
ReplyDeleteHey Alexa,
ReplyDeleteI really liked your second tip about having this blog to reflect on. I honestly never thought about it like that, and I think that is one of the really cool things about the way this course is designed. I agree 100% about time management being an important skill for this course. There are a lot of assignments due each week at specific times, I think time management is especially important since the times these assignments are due is 12pm versus later at night like I feel most of us are used to.
I completely agree; time management is crucial with this class since we often have multiple assignments due each week. I would say picking out one day each week where you get all of this classes assignments done would be a good idea!
ReplyDelete