19A


1) You. Who I am didn’t change much since my last napkin. I still consider myself creative, socially aware, and detail-oriented. I spend my free time drawing, and more recently I've picked up reading. I do have time to read now because of Corona-virus, but I still would like to implement this concept of Auds&Pods because this isolation period won't last forever, and I won't have much time to read when life goes back to normal.
2) What are you offering to customers? I am offering a website, called "Auds&Pods," that creates user-generated recommendation lists of audiobooks and podcasts! These recommendations will be based on a short survey of what your interests are, your past reads, and your likes on social media if you choose to link your accounts to this site. Once the list is created, there will be links to these audiobooks and podcasts on a platform of your choice, like Kindle, Apple, etc.), as well as the prices listed next to each option!
3) Who are you offering it to? My favorite part of this concept is that anyone and everyone is included in the target segment! From my knowledge, people of all ages, genders, and races listen to audiobooks and podcasts and need recommendations.
4) Why do they care? Customers would care about this because currently, Spotify and Apple don’t really create any user-generated recommendations besides what is popular/best-selling.
5) What are your core competencies? Auds&Pods is a new, innovative idea that integrates user-generated content into already existing audio apps. This site has code that creates lists based on what the consumer likes.

I think these elements fit very well together and after revising my napkin plan, I think this concept of the Auds&Pods website would launch very well! This would be a new idea that has not been implemented before, to my knowledge, so it would be an innovation that already has an established target market (anyone who uses audiobooks or podcasts).

Feedback Memo: Apps are a hard platform to work with because there is so much competition. For example, Apple could easily implement my idea of user-generated content into their own app and then no one would have a need for my app. I got a suggestion to make a website instead of an app for Auds&Pods. I also got feedback that this name sticks!

To incorporate the the feedback I got into my new napkin idea, I decided to change Auds&Pods into a website that recommends lists of new audiobooks and podcasts, instead of an app.

Comments

  1. Hey Alexa,
    Once again, I really love this idea and I am happy to see that you took into consideration some of the feedback. I think changing the app into a website will definitely make it more accessible to a lot of people, especially those who do not own smartphones. I love the fact that you are not limited to a certain age or demographic within your target market. It is crucial to try and attract the largest audience possible, and you are doing exactly that by not limiting your market boundaries. Now that it is a website, it is even better because I can access it on my computer and on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alexa,
    First I want to say I love the name Auds & Pods! I'm glad you found a name that you like that really sticks. I also think changing the app into a website is was a great idea. Apps are hard to compete with, so I think having a website to start out and get the name/concept out there is the way to go. They much easier and cheaper to develop than apps as well. I think this is a great change to your business idea, and if you were to start this once your idea becomes more known people, then I think an app would be a great way to expand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the name you chose for your app! And you're right, it is such a competitive field and if Apple were to integrate something like that, your app would be non-existent. However, I think that there is still a great need for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alexa,

    Originally, I thought this was a great idea to begin with. Honestly I wouldn't have thought about possibly changing the platform of your design from an app to a website, but it works! I also agree that the name of your "product" rolls off the tongue very nicely and I'm excited to see where you could take this. Great post (once again!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment